The Studio Details
Our lovely Studio is next to our house and like our house, is all timber construction with timber cladding and cedar shingles on the roof. It is open plan, designed to accommodate two people at first floor level accessed by an external staircase. The balcony gives you great views of the fen and of wonderful sunsets.
The Studio is well insulated and has underfloor heating so even through the winter months you will be snug. It also has the benefit of underfloor heating.
The area is a haven for wildlife with barn owls, marsh harriers and buzzards which can be seen looking for prey over the fen.
It is a perfect place to stay to provide a base for the seaside or Broads boating activities and is within easy reach of Norwich. Should you not wish to drive, Worstead train station on the Bittern line is 8km away. A trip into Norwich will take you about 20 minutes or travelling in the opposite direction will take you to Cromer and Sheringham.
On our door step are the nationally recognised Old Vicarage Gardens, which have been described as one of the best new gardens in the UK.
The Studio has
- an open plan lounge/kitchen diner/bedroom area
- underfloor heating
- a well equipped kitchen with cooker, fridge, microwave and dishwasher
- a coat cupboard and boot tray
- a washer/dryer with iron, ironing board and airing rack
- a dining table with chairs and two sofas
- a TV with access to Netflix and DVD player
- the bed is a super king size which can be split into separate beds if required
- bed linen is Egyptian cotton and the duvet is down. Alternative synthetic options are available
- the bathroom has a large shower area, WC and wash basin and heated towel rail
- balcony area with outside table and chairs
- OS maps and information about the area
Broadband is available. 4G mobile signal is available on Vodafone networks. Coverage may not be available on other networks.
We want you to have a wonderful and memorable stay and so provide the following to help get your holiday off to a good start:
- Welcome basket - with some essentials to tied you over. It normally includes fresh bread, jams, biscuits, eggs, butter, milk, breakfast cereal and cake!
- Salt, pepper and cooking oil is provided.
- Access to our DVD collection
- Kitchen/bathroom essentials - shower gel, hand soap, kitchen cleaners, starter pack of dishwasher and laundry tablets.
Check in time is 3.00 pm and we request that our guests leave by 10.00am to allow us to undertake a thorough clean.
Please note that The Studio is not suitable for children or pets. The Studio has to be accessed via stairs.